The transformation of the iconic St James Hatcham church is now complete. The building, acquired in 2011 by Goldsmiths, is now a 4-storey multi-use facility that will be used for teaching, exhibitions, performances and studios.
Check St James Hatcham picture gallery after the jump!
St James Hatcham: an artistic hub
St James Hatcham project highlights:
- Preservation of original elements: stained glass, mural paintings, arch decorations, stone finish.
- Installation of heating, ventilation, IT power, security and fire Systems.
- Surround sound and video multifunctional room with mechanically-ventilated doors, metal frame lighting grid, acoustic treatment to walls, baffles and AV system.
- Insulation of ceilings where possible. Timbers repaired, overhauled and redecorated.
- New railing structure to add new dimension to exhibition area.